Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pine Cone vs Feather: Burning Man Mural


I painted a mural this year at Burning Man in center camp. I got into the festival 2 days early to do it and it was pretty much a non-stop process. I pulled an all nighter on the Sunday before the gates opened to the general public so I could start festivaling myself. It is a bigger version of this sketch http://shouldercat.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-planters-ball.html from the Planter's Ball in June. I decided to chose a lighter, more positive, less critical theme than usual to try and be more in the Burning Man spirit and less of an asshole. I think it was a good choice. I guess this is the 3rd mural I've ever done (see 'mural' label at the bottom), and it's the first all just acrylic with paint brush and permanent marker. I went for a very illustrative not so street art style. That is all.








1 comment: